Safety Protocols – UPDATED 3/10/21
As you know, we have had strict Covid safety protocols in place since returning to practice last June. We are happy to report that there has not been one case of Covid in any of our patients to date and we aim to keep it that way.
As restrictions loosen up, with more people vaccinated, we expect people to begin expanding their activities, and we will remain vigilant until it is clear that the risks of community transmission are over.
We will continue to follow our current safety program (full details below) carefully and to update our precautions regularly based on the changing situation.
Our updated precautions include:
- Asking patients to complete our screening survey prior to their in-person acupuncture appointment. Complete our screening survey here
- Continuing to schedule New Patient appointments and medical consultation follow-up appointments via telemedicine.
Thank you for helping us keep the office safe, we appreciate your cooperation and trust.
COVID-19 UPDATED PRACTICE CHANGES
I have been seeing selected patients in person for acupuncture since June 1 with extensive safety procedures in place (see below) to protect everyone’s health.
I am also accepting new patients, with the initial consultation generally being done via telemedicine. Appointments are limited. Please call Mariel at 415-925-8600 if you want to be scheduled.
If you are not yet subscribed to my email monthly newsletter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be subscribed – we will be announcing practice changes there as the situation changes.
Our new safety protocols:
On Your Part:
- Do NOT come if you are sick – please call instead
- Please wear a mask to your appointment
- Wear loose clothing so it’s easy to get to your hands, feet, lower arms and legs
- Wash hands for 20 seconds in treatment room
- Please be on time – no crossover in waiting room
- Call us from car when you arrive – 415-925-8600
- Drivers wait in car
- Arrange no-touch payment with Mariel
- Aim to minimize bathroom use (we must sanitize the room after every use)
On Our part:
- Staggered appointment times and limited schedule
- Taking your temperature (No Touch) upon arrival
- Thorough hand-washing between patients
- Wearing clean mask and gloves every encounter
- Scrub clothes and changing white coats between patients
- No back and forth between patients – no crossover
- Minimizing close face to face contact
- No reusable materials (gowns, sheets, pillowcases, etc)
- UV-C light room sanitization between each patient
- Medical grade air cleaners in every room
- Open windows whenever possible *During the wildfires we are closely monitoring the air quality and keeping the windows closed when outside levels become unhealthy. When the windows are closed, we are running all six air cleaners on high all day.
- Surfaces disinfected between patients
Our goal is to make our office the safest place you are likely to visit as we attempt to safely ease the shelter in place restrictions. We will continue to follow all state and county guidelines as the situation unfolds.
As you may know, I have also made a number of stress management and guided imagery resources available at no charge at www.thehealingmind.org. Simply click on the orange banner at the top of the Home Page for the free audios and videos and feel free to share them.
Mariel and I really look forward to seeing you again soon!