Safety Protocols – UPDATED 8/3/21
As you know, we have had strict Covid safety protocols in place since returning to practice in June, 2020. We are happy to report that there has not been one case of Covid transmission in our office and we aim to keep it that way.
We will continue to follow our current safety program (full details below) carefully and to update our precautions regularly based on the changing situation.
Our safety protocols include:
On Your Part:
- Please complete our screening survey here if you are coming in-person for acupuncture
- Do NOT come if you are sick – please call instead
- Please wear a mask to your appointment
- Wear loose clothing so it’s easy to get to your hands, feet, lower arms and legs
- Wash hands for 20 seconds in treatment room
- Please be on time – no crossover in waiting room
- Call us from car when you arrive – 415-925-8600
- Drivers wait in car
- Arrange no-touch payment with Mariel
- Aim to minimize bathroom use (we must sanitize the room after every use)
On Our part:
- All consultations via telemedicine
- Staggered appointment times and limited schedule
- Taking your temperature (No Touch) upon arrival
- Thorough hand-washing between patients
- Wearing clean mask and gloves every encounter
- Scrub clothes and changing white coats between patients
- No back and forth between patients – no crossover
- Minimizing close face to face contact
- No reusable materials (gowns, sheets, pillowcases, etc)
- UV-C light room sanitization between each patient
- Medical grade air cleaners in every room
- Open windows whenever possible
- Surfaces disinfected between patients
Our goal is to make our office the safest place you are likely to visit as we attempt to safely ease the shelter in place restrictions. We will continue to follow all state and county guidelines as the situation unfolds.
For Patients who will be travelling by air:
If you are FULLY VACCINATED:
- Please take a Covid antigen test 3-4 days after you return from travel before coming in. Self-administered antigen tests costing about $12 and giving results in 15 minutes are now available over the counter at CVS and Walgreens.
- OR if you’re unable to get tested, wait for 7 days without symptoms before coming in for an appointment.
If you are UNVACCINATED:
- Please take a Covid antigen test 3-4 days after you return from travel and wait 7 days (total) without symptoms before coming in.. Self-administered antigen tests costing about $12 and giving results in 15 minutes are now available over the counter at CVS and Walgreens.
- OR if you’re unable to get tested, delay coming in-person until 10 days after you return.
Thank you for helping us keep the office safe, we appreciate your cooperation and trust. Please call us at (415) 925-8600 to schedule your appointment.
P.S. As you may know, I have made a number of stress management and guided imagery resources available at no charge at www.thehealingmind.org. Simply click on the orange banner at the top of the Home Page for the free audios and videos and feel free to share them.
If you are not yet subscribed to my email monthly newsletter, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and request to be subscribed – we will be announcing practice changes there as the situation changes.